6 Things You Can Do To Stop Using Plastic
Plastic bottles take up to 450 years decompose, which is far much longer than our life span.
The worst part is that plastic does not decompose, biodegrade, or compost, rather it just breaks down into smaller and smaller plastic pieces.
So PLEASE don’t destroy the planet for us now and for the next generation!!
Does this scare you?
6 Things you can do to stop using plastic
1. Give up plastic bags. Take your own reusable ones to the store.
2. Skip straws. Unless you have medical needs, and even then you could use paper ones.
3. Pass up plastic bottles. Invest in a refillable water bottle. Some come with filters if you’re worried about water quality.
4. Avoid plastic packaging. Buy bar soap instead of liquid. Buy in bulk. Avoid produce sheathed in plastic. And while you’re at it, give up plastic plates and cups.
5. Recycle what you can. Even in rich countries, recycling rates are low. Globally, 18 percent of all plastic is recycled. Europe manages 30 percent, China 25—the United States only
6. Don’t litter. The Ocean Conservancy has run beach cleanups for 30 years. Of the top 10 types of trash they find, the only nonplastic item is glass bottles. Worldwide, 73 percent of beach litter is plastic: cigarette butts (the filters), bottles and caps, food wrappers, grocery bags, polystyrene containers. In 2016 the conservancy collected 9,200 tons of trash in 112 countries—around a thousandth of what enters the ocean each year.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.