ARE WE LIVING IN A SUSTAINABLE WORLD?
Can we truly live in a sustainable world? Well, to say the least, no we do not as of the moment. There is a disparity of resources among the social classes and an unequal distribution of the population. Here is some objective data that illustrates the global situation.
- More than 1/2 of the population live in the city
- 1,424,000 km2 deforested lands from 1990 to 2011
- 74 million people added to the global population each year
- 50% of global energy is used by only 18% of the world population
- 2.5 million people lack access to improved sanitation
- 10% of territorial waters are now protected as compared to 4.7% in 1990
- 83% of the global population has access to clean drinking water
How do we process this data? Well, one way of looking at this data is a set of objectives we need to improve. If we used these as indicators of the wellbeing of the planet, then we have a definite set of goals we can aim to achieve.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com