FIRST STEPS IN GOING ZERO WASTE
Society today not only propagates but also encourages a consumerist lifestyle as this is an indicator of both economic development and personal financial freedom. However, this type of lifestyle is hardly sustainable in the long run, because as nature would have it, human capacity for spending is infinite, while resources are not.
A zero-waste lifestyle is anchored on three principles, namely waste prevention, separate collection, and reduction of residual waste. This is done in an effort to live sustainable and waste free life in modern society. For those who want to test the waters in zero waste lifestyle, here are some tips for you:
- Remove plastic from your life, literally
- Ditch single use disposables
- Buy only what you need, cook the right amount of food that you can finish
- If you are committed, practice composting biodegradable waste
- Donate used cooking oil for making biodiesel
- Bring your own containers to lunch
- Segregate trash
- Try to recycle everything as much as you can
- Buy Second Hand
A sudden shift in lifestyle is difficult, but make no mistake, living like this, knowing that you’ve done your part in saving the planet is a fulfilling experience!
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com