How To Make Your Home Greener
Protecting our planet is not a problem we can leave for others to solve. As we’ve learned in recent weeks, Earth-shattering, Earth-saving change starts with each of us, and one of the most impactful changes the average person can make is to address climate issues at home.
Literally in your own home.
It can be tricky to nail down how your home and lifestyle impact the environment, and where you can make the biggest difference.
- 72% of global greenhouse gas emissions come from household decisions, including heating and cooling and electricity consumption.
- 80% of energy consumption in households is used to heat the spaces we live in, and for the water we use to wash, clean, and cook.
Here are the ways you can make your home eco-friendlier.
- Switching to LED lightbulbs.
- Installing low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators on all bathroom faucets, which decrease both water and energy use.
- Replacing old appliances with more energy-efficient models, including HVAC systems.
- Installing smart technology to reduce unnecessary energy usage.
- Installing foam socket sealers behind light switch plates and outlets, an inexpensive way to decrease drafts which increase your energy bill.
- Using smart lawn irrigation systems, which consult the local weather forecast and skip scheduled watering when rain is imminent.
- Think green when cleaning
- Compost your food waste
- Buy recycled furniture
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com