Our Responsibility To Care For the Environment
Individuals have a moral responsibility to care for the environment. People of faith act in hope that our actions can change other people's behavior and the entire world for the better. We must try to change the structures that continue to harm the planet and threaten the wellbeing of its inhabitants.
Things we can do to care for the earth:
- Respect all as God's gift; the earth, all species, people, property.
- Reduce, reuse, repair & recycle.
- Ask "Do I really need this?" before buying it.
- Use recycled paper wherever possible e.g. kitchen & toilet rolls.
- Photocopy on both sides of a page.
- Reuse envelopes using reused labels where possible.
- Donate used stamps to charities.
- Use reusable products.
- Compost kitchen waste.
- Recycle glass, cans, plastics, cardboard, office paper, newspaper.
- Recycle paper to save the rainforests.
- Choose more environmentally friendly washing & cleaning products.
- Don't leave electrical appliances on standby.
- Avoid buying over-wrapped goods.
- Avoid plastic which is made from oils (oil is a limited resource).
- Shop locally and buy local produce.
- Buy organic fruit & vegetables.
At Ecodigester, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.