Phasing Out Plastic: What Is the Alternative?
Plastics have become a major environmental issue on our planet. They are found in all parts of our life, and the disposable plastics that we have become so used to are clogging our drainage and waterways and polluting the rivers and oceans. So, what is the alternative to wean us off our dependency on petroleum-based disposable food ware like spoons, plates and cups?
Effective alternative for plastic, that is a more direct way of utilizing renewable materials and is less technology intensive, is bagasse-based products. Bagasse is the industrial residue generated by milling of sugarcane.
Bagasse can be transformed into plates, cups, bowls, spoons, takeaway containers and delivery containers. Bagasse-based product have a very fine finish, compared to other eco-friendly products like areca leaf plates.
Eco-Friendly Properties of Bagasse
- Produced as a biproduct from growing sugarcane.
- Sustainably sourced with little or no environmental impact.
- 100% compostable and will break down to compost if left in the natural environment.
- No additional additives or chemicals are needed to whiten or strengthen it.
- Quick replenishment of crops, with sugarcane being harvested in a single season.
If you want to go tree-free and plastic free, The EcoFairy Compostable Bagasse Bowls are right for you. Bagasse is one of the most sustainable disposable materials. These bowls are great for cold or hot food.
At the EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com