Plastic In Everyday Life – Let’s Reduce the Use
Plastic bags start out as fossil fuels and end up as deadly waste in landfills and the ocean. Birds often mistake shredded plastic bags for food, filling their stomachs with toxic debris. For hungry sea turtles, it's nearly impossible to distinguish between jellyfish and floating plastic shopping bags. Fish eat thousands of tons of plastic a year, transferring it up the food chain to bigger fish and marine mammals.
Microplastics are also consumed by people through food and in the air. It’s estimated that globally, people consume the equivalent of a credit card of plastic every week, and it’s expected that there will be more plastic than fish in the sea by 2050. The impact of so much plastic pollution in the ocean is detrimental to marine wildlife, to the planet and to humans.
Can you picture yourself going through your day without a single piece of plastic? As you journey through your day, take a closer look at your choices when it comes to plastic. And consider how every little action can help turn the tide for plastic pollution.
Invest in products that can be reused multiple times in order to avoid purchasing single-use plastics.
1. As opposed to purchasing large quantities of plastic water bottles, buy a reusable bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
2. Reusable silicone stretch lids are a great alternative for plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
3. Before buying anything new, search for used or free items!
4. Recycle cans, bottles, paper, books, and even toys.
5. Use reusable food bags for your leftovers instead of single use Ziplocs.
6. Keep reusable cloth bags in your car to avoid using grocery bags after shopping.
7. If you want to go tree-free and plastic free, The EcoFairy Compostable Bagasse Bowls, Compostable Cutlery and Eco-Friendly Compostable Bagasse Plates are right for you. Bagasse is one of the most sustainable disposable materials.
8. Having a silicone straw means you can re-use it as much as you want.
Everything you do to help the planet makes a difference. Let’s be mindful of our world.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com