Practical Ways to Save Water at Home
Conserving water is increasingly important these days. Not only is it beneficial for the environment, but it's also useful for saving money in these challenging economic times. There are many simple, doable ways to conserve water at home.
Read below for 10 more water-conserving tips.
- Check all faucets, toilets and showerheads for leaks. You'll be surprised at the amount of water that can be wasted from even a small leak. Consult a plumber to repair leaks both large and small.
- Insulate your water pipes. It's easy and inexpensive to insulate your water pipes with pre-slit foam pipe insulation. You'll get hot water faster and avoid wasting water while it heats up.
- Install a low-flow showerhead. Low-flow showerheads are a great way to save water and money. This type of showerhead, which is relatively inexpensive, works by delivering fewer gallons per minute of water than conventional showerheads.
- Install a water-saving toilet. Water-saving toilets use 1-2 gallons per flush instead of 3-5 gallons.
- Wash your car the water-efficient way. Save up to 150 gallons of water every time you wash your car simply by turning the hose off between rinses.
- Install a low-flow faucet aerator. They work by mixing air into the water stream and can reduce your home's water consumption by 50%.
- Use the dishwasher only when it's full. One dishwasher cycle uses a tremendous amount of water, so make extra effort to fill it up before you press start.
- Turn off the faucet while washing dishes. Simply scrub each item and set it aside. When all the dishes have been scrubbed, turn on the water to rinse off the dirt and soap.
- Turn the faucet off while you brush your teeth! This is one of the easiest ways to save water, and it is simple to make it into a habit.
- Be water conscious! Being water conscious in general while at home and away is an effective way to save water. Start noticing your trends and habits regarding water usage and change any patterns that are wasteful.
At the EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com