Raising Environmentally Conscious Kids
We all are familiar with the saying, “Children See, Children Do." Let's use this motto to teach our children to keep the environment clean because every little thing they see you do, they will imitate. When you start making it a more sustainable environment, they may too.
Implement these simple steps into your routine and have your children follow:
- Turn off the light when you leave the room
- Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth or washing face
- Unplug all electronics when not in use
- Separate trash so you can recycle paper, glass, aluminum cans and plastic
- Pack your child’s lunch in reusable bags
- Carpool with friends
- Take shorter showers
- Don’t litter
- Use refillable water bottles
- Walk instead of drive, when possible.
Allow them to spend more time outdoors and do simple activities for environment.
- Go to a local park and clean up the trash
- Organize a cleanup day at your child’s school
- Create posters for your children to display at their school
- Plant a fruit or a vegetable garden
- Go on a nature walk
- Host a picnic at your local park
Lastly, teach them these three words:
- Reduce: The amount of garbage you make.
- Reuse: Things instead of throwing them out.
- Recycle: Paper, plastic, glass and aluminum.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com