Simple DIY Green Cleaning Products
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, household cleaning products rank among the most toxic everyday substances to which people are exposed, and most cleaning products brands are not safe.
The green cleaning products you can make at home often cost a fraction of the price you pay for comparable store-bought cleaning products, especially if you buy the earth friendly options. They are also surprisingly easy to make, effective and safe for kids.
💚 DIY Bleach Alternative
- 1 1/2 cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of citric acid
- Slightly less than 1 gallon of distilled water
- 10-30 drops of lemon essential oil or another essential oil of your choice
- Pour all ingredients except water into a gallon jug. Swirl until citric acid is dissolved.
- Add distilled water to fill the jug.
- Use in place of bleach around the home and in the laundry room.
💚 Glass Cleaner
- 1 cup rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
Mix in a reusable spray bottle.
💚 All-Purpose Disinfectant
- 2 tsp. borax
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3-4 cups hot water
- 15 drops tea tree oil
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and mix well.
- For extra cleaning power, add 1/4 tsp. liquid soap to the mixture.
💚 Toilet Cleaner
- 1 cup of borax
- 1/4 cup vinegar
Pour both borax and vinegar into the toilet before going to bed. In the morning, scrub and flush.
💚 Furniture Polish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Mix into a bowl or spray bottle, and polish furniture with a soft cloth.
- Wipe dry with another cloth.
💚 Air Freshener
- 8 oz. of distilled water
- 1 Tbsp. of baking soda
- 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Mix baking soda and oil thoroughly in a small dish.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and add water. Shake thoroughly until baking soda dissolves.
- Use in the air, on upholstered furniture, in stinky shoes, or even on your carpets.
Greening your cleaning routine can help save you money, save your household from harsh chemicals—and save the planet at the same time.
At The Eco Fairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com