Simple Swaps for a Plastic-Free Home
Many people are finally realizing that their daily consumption can affect the planet. And going zero waste is one of the things you can do to protect it. Once we commit to one change, we’ll develop habits over time that can radically change how much plastic waste we generate.
To live waste free seems to be an impossible task but it doesn’t mean we should not try. You might feel you can’t make a difference but imagine if everyone thought that way. You absolutely can make a difference. All your choices and actions influence the world.
Here are a bunch of other ways you can reduce plastic use at home. They’re easy switches and changes you can make to go low waste in your life.
1) Bring your own bag.
2) Choose reusable produce and bulk food bags.
4) Bring your own container and cutlery for takeout.
5) Swap your straws for reusable silicone straws.
6) Bring a reusable water bottle to avoid plastic bottles.
7) Try a shampoo bar.
8) Use bar soap.
9) Brush with compostable toothbrushes.
10) Ditch the single-use plastic storage bags and opt for a safer alternative like silicone food storage bags.
11) Make your own cleaning products.
12) Buy things that are made of natural materials.
13) Buy in bulk to avoid plastic in the kitchen.
14) Reusable silicone stretch lids instead of plastic cling wraps.
15) Buy loose fruits and vegetables from your local farmer's market.
16) Switch to bamboo cotton buds.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com