Tips for planning an Eco-friendly Camping Trip
As humans, we are drawn to the beauty of nature. The outdoors is part of our ancestry and works to uplift our mood and relieve stress. From the initial journey to the challenges involved in cooking and sleeping in the wild, camping is a great learning experience. However, because of its growing popularity, camping is beginning to take an environmental toll.
During busy periods, parks, forests and campgrounds are flooded with campers. While some people demonstrate responsibility, others don’t abide by camping etiquette, leaving the grounds in poor condition. It’s important to be environmentally conscious and to follow camping guidelines.
1) Make sure to create a fire ring when you start a fire and to turn it off completely when you leave. Under no circumstances leave the fire without supervision at any time, especially if your fire will be near trees or plants in the wild.
2) Never leave trash on the campground or any other place when camping, if there aren’t any designated trash cans where you are camping take back the trash with you and throw it in a garbage can. Remember that you are not the only one camping and animals can be affected as well by human waste.
3) Under no circumstances feed wild animals while camping. Wild animals have a specific diet and feeding them with food they are not used to could affect their health. Besides if they get used to receiving food from humans, they could damage your camping gear to get more food.
4) Make sure that you bring only environmentally friendly products to your camping trip. At The Ecofairy we offer the best eco-friendly and reusable items required to protect the environment.
5) Recycling is a good habit, and it is very important for preserving our planet. Always divide your camping waste into recyclable and not recyclable trash and take it to your nearest recycling station program from your location after your camping adventure ends. There are certain campgrounds that already have some disposals for recycled trash.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com