Ways to Reduce Ecological Footprint
When we speak about conserving nature, we are really talking about taking care of our future, because nature provides essential resources for our survival and enjoyment.
Reducing our ecological footprint means placing less demand on nature. Here are some ways that you can do:
1. Recycle your rubbish and participate in or help organize recycling campaigns.
2. Avoid littering and participate in or help organize litter clean-ups
3. Use less plastic by, for example, carrying a reusable water bottle, saying no to disposable straws and cutlery, avoiding plastic toys, and bringing your own shopping bags.
4. Swap toys, movies, and books instead of buying new ones.
5. Donate, recycle, and repair electronic devices.
6. Use less water when brushing teeth, taking a shower, or washing the dishes.
7. Use less electricity by turning off lights and electronic devices when not in use, using energy-saving light bulbs, and hanging clothes to dry.
8. Use public transport, share a journey with friends (e.g., car-sharing), cycle, or walk when possible.
9. Use less paper by not printing unnecessary things and reading e-books.
10. Turn down the air conditioning when it is hot and use fans if you are still hot-they use much less power.
11. Turn down the heat when it is cold and use sweaters, blankets, and socks to keep warm.
12. Do not waste food and try to buy food that is grown locally and in season.
13. Eat more non-meat proteins (like beans), less dairy, more vegetables, and more organic food when possible.
14. Buy products that do not cause damage to the environment.
15. Refuse to buy what you do not need, because every item you do not buy reduces the demand for the production of that item. For example, if everyone stopped buying plastic bags, super markets would stop selling them.
At The EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com