Ways You Can Take Steps Towards Zero-Waste Today
The one thing that can make your daily life more simple, richer, and eco-friendly is ‘Zero-waste life’.
Lightweight and portable reusable eco-friendly products are essential items of a Zero-waste life.
With a little eco-friendly change, you can reduce the waste of garbage and save a small animal.
Let's create a zero-waste life together.
Zero waste is not an overnight phenomena. Having the intention to reduce waste is the first step, so congratulations! You’re already on your way. You might have already taken a hard look at your current (wasteful) lifestyle and felt overwhelmed by all the ways you are producing trash. Just remember, baby steps.
You don’t need to throw away all your disposable items and buy new, eco-friendly stuff. In fact, using up your disposable items is part of the journey to a zero-waste lifestyle. After you’ve used up the disposables, you can replace them with reusable alternatives.
Here are ways you can take steps towards zero waste today that are totally free:
1. Bring Your Own Bottle. When you’re on-the-go, you’re bound to get a little thirsty. Rather than buying a plastic water bottle, keep a reusable bottle or mason jar on hand that you can fill up throughout the day.
2. Stash Some Cutlery. Likewise, when you’re on-the-go it’s good to keep a set of cutlery in your bag or purse.
3. Host a Clothes Swap. Host a clothes swap at your home and invite a bunch of friends. Clothes swaps are a great way to recycle clothes that don’t suit you or no longer fit, and they’re super fun. Donate the leftovers to Goodwill.
4. Say NO to Plastic Straws. When you’re dining out, just say no to plastic straws. Be sure to alert your server, barista or bartender at the beginning of the meal that you don’t want a straw with your beverage. If you absolutely must have a straw, bring your own reusable glass or stainless-steel straw in your bag.
5. Bring Your Own Bags. Bring your own reusable bags when you do grocery.
At the EcoFairy, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: https://www.theecofairy.com