Zero-Waste, 3-Ingredient Oatmeal Muffins
This recipe is a low-impact, low-effort baked good that you can make within half an hour to satisfy your cravings - without making a mess, or buying tons of ingredients!
Note: Quite a lot of waste is generated by folks who have a craving for something (usually something sweet or salty) and buy last minute ingredients that they may never use again. Get around this issue by using what you already have!
-1 Cup of rolled oats
-1/4 Cup of maple syrup or honey sweetener - or use a banana instead for no refined sugar!
-1/2 Cup of water or milk or non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 Egg (for a closer, spongier bind)
-1 Banana instead of sweetener. Banana also binds in lieu of an egg!
-1/4 Cup of chocolate chips or nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
3. Scoop mixture into muffin tin so that the mixture rises a little over the edge of the tin cavities.
4. Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes, checking that the interiors are dry with a fork or toothpick.
5. Let sit for 10 minutes or so until settled. Serve with jam, or nothing at all!